Friday, April 5, 2013

STUDIO DIARY – DAY 26, 27 & 28 (Keyboard recordings part 1)

It's Haage, the keyboard maestro himself writing here and this is my first time ever writing to this blog so please be gentle with me. As you might have noticed from the last few posts we're doing great with the album recordings! Now it's my turn to let you people know how the keyboard-, or like Mr Blastbeat Producer (also known as Lasse or Scatman) might say, gayboard-recordings are going.

I prepared myself for this god forsaken task by drinking heavily four days in a row, modeling for S&M-photoshootings, wandering aimlessly in the snow wearing a straitjacket and all that kind of routine stuff that I like to do before recording anything. I think that this kind of routine is a necessary thing to do to get my mind in the proper state for being able to do my part for this kick-ass powermetal album.

I've been recording the basic keyboard parts for a few days now and things are going really well. About 1/3 of the songs are ready and I'm quite satisfied with the sounds so far. I started with the songs that are worktitled as "Shakaalin Kaali Ikaalisissa" and "Chase". The first evening went mainly by searching the proper sounds that would fit perfectly to this epic masterpiece.

Oh, and for the perverts out there who are interested in what keyboards I'm using for these sessions; Yamaha Motif ES and Korg TR.

Enjoy the weekend and stay tuned for more epic blogshit fellow warriors!

Yours sincerely, Haage




No comments:

Post a Comment