So we fixed the problem with monitoring Haage few days ago...it wasn't in sound card but somehow the default output settings of Pro Tools 9 were wrong and they had to be changed so it worked.
Yesterday I changed few xlr cables and tuned new Elixir strings on my bass and also made few more changes on the bass sound. Just made the cabinet sound a bit more distorted and took out some bass frequensy while adding treble frequency. Should work really well with the mixed line sound! Then I recorded 1 track and call it a day...
Bass cabinet with 3 mics (Audix A6, Shure 57, Sennheiser E606) on it.
Another day after work by bass recordings. I actually had some problem with monitoring yesterday so I wanted to try fix it and it turned out there is some latency as I need to use asio 4 all driver as my sound card's own driver don't work with Pro Tools. Well I just had to take the monitoring straight from the sound card by turning a knob so that it gives me more input than it gives playback and then have to lower the volumes of bass tracks on Pro Tools. Well not too complicated...I can live with that...and maybe we can bring down the latency as well later.
Time to start recording our longest track of the album...about 8 minutes long epic shit! Also title song for the album... I record it to some solo parts and then decide to write something on a blog andcontinue tomorrow as I should have more time and energy...maybe 1 cold beer and pretty soon off to bed.
Pasi / T-ROD
Bass and amp